The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so
Under general direction of Assistant Vice President for Academic Support, coordinate internal marketing and communications activities for academic support programs at KSU.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and maintain strategic marketing plan for Office of Academic Support and individual support units.
- Help develop materials and content for public relations and marketing efforts for the Office of Academic Support
- Work collaboratively with the Assistant Vice President of Academic Support and unit directors to manage social media platforms, produce the monthly e-newsletter, and edit the annual newsletter.
- Work with university communications staff and the External Relations to develop newsworthy material that publicizes academic support unit’s people, programs, and activities.
- Create outreach activities to promote academic support
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in communication studies, journalism, public relations, marketing, or English, or any other discipline with relevant professional communications/PR experience.
- Demonstrated skills in social media, web, and other forms of communication.
- Outstanding writing ability as demonstrated by application materials.
- Demonstrated graphic design experience and/or proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.).
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Indoor. May require some evening and weekend obligations.
- Moderate Physical Effort