The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so
Under supervision of the Associate Research Director, this position conducts forest research, supervises efforts to maintain EERC facilities, and conducts outreach events for stakeholders in forest management and ecological issues. This
position may supervise undergraduate, and high school students conducting research in the program. Additional duties include: conducting informational talks and tours at field days, national meetings, a traveling EERC exhibit, and
other events, and answering questions about this research project to students and the general public.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage operations of the Environmental Education and Research Center (EERC).
- Design educational displays and materials suited for a wide variety of clientele.
- Work with teachers in service area schools on topics of environmental education both at the schools and Center.
- Oversee all property and facilities are properly maintained and protected.
- Design and oversee the construction of a portable display trailer of interactive teaching tools and displays.
- Research the availability of external support for both facilities and instruction and prepare and submit appropriate applications.
- Develop and maintain a website for the EERC.
- To participate actively in the appropriate professional societies via oral and poster presentations, serving on committees and holding office, and other society involvement.
- To publish research results in refereed journals, books, and book chapters, abstracts and proceeding, and other publications and media outlets.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Minimum: Bachelor Degree and 1-2 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Preferred: Master's in Environmental Science, Biology, Chemistry, Geography, Soil Science, or related field and 3 - 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQIRED:
- Ability to operate a personal computer and related software packages.
- Working knowledge of the University HRS system.
- Good judgment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Record keeping ability.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of applicable University policies and procedures.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior and/or office work environment.
- No or very limited physical effort required.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
Please submit list of three references in addition to required application materials.