The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so
Supervised by Director, Academic Center for Excellence and Faculty UNV 101/102 Coordinator
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, direct, and supervise the Financial Literacy Program’s learning communities under the direction of the ACE Director and in coordination with the UNV 101/102 Faculty Coordinator.
- Provide and/or coordinate training and direct supervision to the Financial Literacy Program (FLP) peer tutor/mentors.
- Assist students in their adherence to class and study session schedules.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of campus agencies, their services and functions.
- Assist in coordination of on- and off-campus activities with program personnel and other campus offices including the Offices of Financial Aid, Bursar, Residence Life, Advising, and Student Life.
- Act as the liaison between the academic and student success components of the FLP program.
- Collect weekly reports from the peer tutor/mentors and complete a weekly summary report on program progress. Provide timely reports to the ACE Director, Faculty UNV Coordinator, and grantor representatives.
- Assist in mentoring students and making student referrals to other campus departments as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s preferred in Public Administration, Education, Finance, Higher Education, Student Services, or related field. Ability to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends. Two or more
years experience in working with student services in postsecondary education.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQIRED:
- Knowledge of program management and co-curricular program development.
- Knowledge of & experience with financial literacy issues pertaining to college students.
- Ability to encourage and motivate students to become strategic learners.
- Ability to work collaboratively faculty, staff, students, and administrators.
- Strong Interpersonal, oral/written communication skills, and computer literacy.