The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. |
Under general supervision, leads groundskeepers in the maintenance of grounds and grounds construction activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates and assigns work to groundskeepers in the maintenance of campus grounds including shrubs, trees, lawns, planting areas, sprinkler systems and are water lines.
- Trains and assists in providing orientation to new employees.
- Inspects work of personnel and recommends corrective measures to meet established standards.
- Maintains labor and cost records and records and requisitions materials, supplies, and equipment as required.
- Operates large power and field mowers, hand tools and other large vehicles associated with grounds maintenance and landscaping activities.
- Schedules and coordinates irrigation and watering activities as required.
- Trims and prunes a variety of trees and shrubs, as required.
- Performs minor maintenance and repair on equipment and tools as required.
- Performs snow removal activities as required.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Two (2) years of grounds maintenance experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of equipment, tools and procedures of grounds construction and care.
- Knowledge of fertilizers, insecticides and herbicides used in grounds care and gardening.
- Skill in operating grounds maintenance and grounds construction equipment and tools.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting pushing or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.